Serving Size: 3oz Shrimp, ¾ cup Celery Root & Parsnip Puree, 8 Asparagus Stalks Servings: 4
Nutritional Information: 307 Calories, 10 grams Fat, 150 milligrams Sodium
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
4 Portions Shrimp
12 ounces Shrimp
2 TBS Garlic, minced
8 each Plum tomatoes
½ medium Onion, diced
1/8 teaspoon Saffron
1/8 cup White wine
1 TBS Parsley
1 teaspoon Cumin
½ cup Orange juice
1 TBS Butter
10 ounces Asparagus
2 cups Celery root, peeled and chopped
2 cups Parsnips, peeled and chopped
2 TBS Parsley
*Note: You can purchase shrimp already peeled and deveined
Directions: Puree Celery Root with Parsnips
1. Place the celery root and parsnips into a sauce pot. Cover the root vegetables with water so they are all submerged.
2. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce. Cook the vegetables until they are fork tender.
3. Drain and puree the vegetables with parsley until smooth. You can use a blender or an immersion blender. Reserve hot for service.
1. Combine the 1 TBS minced garlic, cumin and white wine.
2. *Peel and devein all the shrimp. Add the cleaned shrimp into the marinade for 15 minutes
3. In a separate bowl combine the other tablespoon of minced garlic, tomatoes, onion and sauté on high heat.
4. Squeeze ½ of an orange over the pan.
5. Add the shrimp to sauté pan with 1/8th teaspoon of saffron. Cook until the shrimp are opaque and just cooked
6. Add 1 oz butter to finish the sauce.
1. Trim the asparagus from their woody bottoms. Peel the lower portion of the trimmed asparagus stalks if they are large.
2. Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for 1-2 minutes until they are tender and still bright green. Quickly take the asparagus out of the boiling water and shock them in ice cold water to stop the cooking and retain their bright green color.
1. Place ¾ cup of celery root & parsnip puree onto the center of a dinner plate.
2. Re-heat the asparagus on a dry sauté pan adding just a drop of water to bring the asparagus back up to temperature. Portion ¼ of the asparagus onto the dinner plate (about 8 stalks) so that they are draped over the puree.
3. Portion 3 oz of shrimp next to the asparagus. Pour some sauce over the dish. Repeat for all 4 plate.
Serve Hot. Enjoy!